Coenzyme Q10 is a marvelously versatile natural substance. It is essential for cellular energy production, and it is an important lipid-soluble antioxidant. Its use as a daily supplement in conjunction with conventional medicines can give heart patients valuable health benefits.
In a 2015 review article, Professor Dr. Roland Stocker of the Medical College, University of New South Wales, in Sydney, Australia, and colleagues evaluated the potential therapeutic value of Coenzyme Q10 supplements:
- for heart failure patients
- for patients with high blood pressure
- for ischemic heart disease patients
- for cardiac surgery patients
- for patients taking statin medications
We want to look at the evidence presented in this review article [Ayer 2015].